Tea gems are a traditional Indian sweet treat that are often served as part of a meal. They are made from sugar, ghee, and a variety of spices. The beauty of tea gems is that they can be served as an appetizer, snack, or dessert. Tea gems are also popular for special occasions such as weddings and Diwali.
– 2 cups of white sugar
– 2 tablespoons of ghee
– 2 cardamom pods
– 2 cloves
– 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
– 2 tablespoons of chopped almonds
– 2 tablespoons of chopped pistachios
– 2 tablespoons of chopped cashews
– 2 tablespoons of chopped raisins
– ½ teaspoon of saffron strands
– 2 tablespoons of grated coconut
– 2 tablespoons of chopped dates
– 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds
1. Begin by heating the ghee in a pan over medium heat. Once the ghee is hot, add the cardamom pods, cloves, and nutmeg. Fry the spices for a minute or two until they are fragrant.
2. Add the sugar to the pan and stir until it is melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. Reduce the heat to low and add the almonds, pistachios, cashews, raisins, saffron strands, coconut, dates, and poppy seeds. Stir everything together until the ingredients are well combined.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
5. Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, use your hands to form small balls about the size of a golf ball. Place the tea gems on a plate or tray and let them cool completely before serving.
6. Enjoy your tea gems!
Each tea gem contains approximately 155 calories and 7.5 grams of fat. It also contains 4.5 grams of protein, 20.5 grams of carbohydrates, and 8.5 grams of sugar. Tea gems are a great source of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, and calcium.
Tea gems are a delicious and healthy treat that are sure to be a hit with your family and friends. They are a great way to bring a bit of sweetness to your life. Plus, they are easy to make and require only a few ingredients. So if you’re looking for an easy and delicious treat, try making tea gems today!
Leave a Reply