Orange peels are one of the most underrated ingredients in the kitchen. Not only do they add a nice burst of flavor to a variety of dishes, but they also have numerous health benefits. One of the best ways to enjoy the health benefits of orange peels is to make a delicious orange peel tea.
Orange peel tea is a refreshing beverage that is not only tasty but also packed with vitamins and minerals. It is a great way to get your daily dose of Vitamin C and other essential nutrients. Plus, it is incredibly easy to make and can be enjoyed any time of the day.
To make the perfect orange peel tea, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
Making orange peel tea is very simple and only requires a few steps:
- Bring two cups of water to a boil in a pot.
- Add the peeled orange to the pot and reduce the heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and discard the orange.
- Add honey to the liquid, if desired, and stir until dissolved.
- Enjoy your orange peel tea hot or cold.
Orange peel tea is a healthy and refreshing beverage that is packed with vitamins and minerals. One cup of this tea contains the following nutrients:
- Vitamin C – 15% of the daily recommended value
- Calcium – 4% of the daily recommended value
- Potassium – 4% of the daily recommended value
- Magnesium – 4% of the daily recommended value
Orange peel tea is also a great source of antioxidants, which can help protect your body from free radical damage and reduce inflammation.
In addition to the health benefits, orange peel tea is also a great way to enjoy the flavor of oranges without the sugar. It has a light and refreshing flavor that can be enjoyed any time of the day.
To reap the most health benefits from this tea, it is best to use fresh orange peels. Dried orange peels can also be used, but they will not provide as many nutrients. If you do use dried peels, make sure to soak them in water for several hours before using them.
Orange peel tea is a delicious and nutritious beverage that can be enjoyed any time of the day. With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time, you can make this refreshing tea and reap the numerous health benefits.
Leave a Reply