It’s summertime and there’s nothing better than a refreshing glass of homemade sweet tea to cool off. If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make sweet tea recipe, this 2 gallon sweet tea recipe is sure to be a hit. Not only is it simple to prepare, but it also yields enough tea to serve a large group of friends and family. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a tasty and thirst-quenching sweet tea in no time.
To make this 2 gallon sweet tea recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
– 10-12 family-sized tea bags
– 2 gallons of cold water
– 3 cups of granulated sugar
– Juice of 2 lemons
Making this delicious sweet tea is easy! Simply follow these steps:
1. In a large pot, boil 2 gallons of water.
2. Once the water has come to a boil, add in the 10-12 tea bags. Let them steep for about 5 minutes.
3. Once the tea has steeped, remove the tea bags and discard.
4. Add 3 cups of granulated sugar to the tea and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Add in the juice of 2 lemons and stir.
6. Pour the tea into a large 2 gallon pitcher.
7. Let the tea cool to room temperature and then place it in the refrigerator to chill.
8. Serve over ice and enjoy!
This 2 gallon sweet tea recipe yields approximately 24 servings. Each 8-ounce serving contains about 160 calories, 0 grams of fat, 0 milligrams of cholesterol, 5 milligrams of sodium, 39 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of fiber, and 39 grams of sugar. It also provides 0 grams of protein.
This recipe is a great option for those looking for a refreshing and delicious beverage to serve during the hot summer months. The addition of lemon juice adds a nice flavor to the tea and helps to cut down on the sweetness of the sugar. Plus, it’s so easy to make that you’ll be able to have plenty of sweet tea on hand to keep everyone hydrated and happy.
If you’re looking for a way to make your sweet tea even more delicious, try adding a few sprigs of fresh mint to the tea while it’s steeping or garnish each glass with a lemon or lime slice. You can also experiment with different types of tea to find one that you love.
This 2 gallon sweet tea recipe is a great choice when you’re looking for a delicious, easy-to-make beverage to serve. It’s sure to be a hit with friends and family alike. So next time you’re in need of a refreshing summertime drink, give this sweet tea recipe a try.
Leave a Reply