Chai is a type of tea that is enjoyed all around the world. It originated in India and is now popular in many countries around the world including the UK. Chai is made from spices such as cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and cloves. It is usually combined with black tea, milk and sugar to create a sweet, spicy and creamy drink.
Ingredients for Chai Recipe UK
To make your own chai, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of water
- 1 black tea bag
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cloves
- 1/4 cup of sugar or honey
- 1 cup of milk of your choice (dairy, almond, soy, etc.)
Instructions for Chai Recipe UK
Once you have all your ingredients, you’re ready to start making your chai. Here’s how to do it:
- Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the tea bag, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger and cloves to the boiling water. Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar or honey and stir until completely dissolved.
- Add the milk and stir until completely combined. Increase the heat to medium and let the mixture come to a gentle boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, turn off the heat and strain the liquid into a cup.
- Serve your chai hot or cold, depending on your preference.
Nutrition of Chai Recipe UK
Chai is a delicious, healthy drink that can be enjoyed regularly. It contains several beneficial nutrients such as antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Additionally, the milk used to make chai is a great source of protein, calcium, and other important nutrients. Chai also contains caffeine, which can provide an energy boost.
The amount of nutrients in your chai will depend on the ingredients used. For example, if you use almond milk or honey instead of cow’s milk or sugar, your chai will have different nutritional values.
In addition to the nutrients, chai also contains some calories. A cup of chai made with 2 cups of water, 1 teaspoon of each of the spices, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 cup of cow’s milk contains approximately 200 calories.
Chai is a delicious and healthy drink that can be enjoyed regularly. It is easy to make and can be customized to suit your own tastes. The spices used to make chai are full of beneficial vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that can help to improve your overall health. Make sure to always use fresh ingredients for the best flavor and nutritional benefits.
Leave a Reply