Nothing is more refreshing than a glass of freshly brewed sweet tea. With summer just around the corner, it’s a great time to start experimenting with different recipes for the perfect sweet tea. In this article, we’ll show you how to make a delicious two-quart batch of sweet tea. Read on to learn more!
The ingredients needed for two quarts of sweet tea are simple and easy to find at any grocery store. You’ll need:
- 4 tea bags
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 quarts of cold water
Making your own sweet tea is easy and doesn’t take long. Here are the steps to follow:
- Bring four cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the four tea bags and let them steep for five minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and add the sugar, stirring until it’s fully dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, pour the mixture into a two-quart pitcher.
- Add the two quarts of cold water and stir.
- Serve the sweet tea over ice.
This two-quart sweet tea recipe is low in calories and fat, but it still packs a punch of flavor. Each 8-ounce serving contains 80 calories, 0 grams of fat, 0 grams of protein, and 20 grams of sugar. While the sugar content is high, it’s still a better option than most store-bought sweet teas, which contain loads of added sugar.
If you’re looking for a healthier option, you can use honey or agave nectar instead of sugar. You can also opt for decaffeinated tea or herbal tea if you don’t want the caffeine. For a sugar-free option, you can use an artificial sweetener like stevia or monk fruit extract.
This recipe is a great way to enjoy a refreshing glass of sweet tea without all the added sugar. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply