Tea jam, a unique concoction of tea, sugar and your favorite fruits, is a delightful treat that can be enjoyed on toast, with scones or just by itself. This recipe is an easy to make, delicious jam that will make your kitchen smell amazing!
-2 tablespoons black tea, such as Earl Grey or English Breakfast
-3 1/2 cups sugar
-3 cups of your favorite fruit, such as raspberries, strawberries or blueberries
-1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
-1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Place the tea in a medium saucepan and cover with 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain the tea and discard the tea leaves.
2. In the same saucepan, add the tea liquid, sugar, fruit, lemon juice and salt. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
4. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
5. Carefully pour the jam into a jar or airtight container. Seal and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
This recipe yields approximately 4 cups of tea jam. Each 1/4 cup serving contains approximately:
Tips and Variations
-This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled to make a larger batch.
-If you prefer a thicker jam, you can add a few tablespoons of cornstarch or arrowroot powder to the mixture before bringing it to a boil.
-For a spicier jam, add 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, cloves or cardamom to the mixture.
-You can use any type of tea for this recipe. If you don’t have black tea, you can use green tea, rooibos or chai.
-This jam can also be made with other fruits such as peaches, apricots or plums.
-If you don’t have sugar, you can use honey or maple syrup.
-This jam can also be used as a filling for tarts, cakes or other desserts.
Tea jam is a delicious addition to any breakfast or brunch. Serve it on toast, scones or muffins, or use it as a topping for pancakes or waffles. It is also a great accompaniment to cheese and crackers. You can also enjoy it as a topping for ice cream or yogurt.
Tea jam can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. It can also be frozen for up to 6 months. To freeze, spoon the jam into an airtight container or freezer bag and store in the freezer until ready to use.
Tea jam is a unique and delicious treat that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. It’s an easy to make, flavorful jam that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Try this recipe today and enjoy the deliciousness of tea jam!
Leave a Reply