Chai is an invigorating and delicious drink that is popular across many countries. This chai recipe with ground spices is a traditional Indian preparation which has been enjoyed for centuries, and is now becoming popular all over the world. The combination of spices used in this recipe gives it a unique flavor and aroma. It is easy to prepare and is sure to please your taste buds. The best part about this recipe is that you can easily customize it to suit your own taste.
This chai recipe with ground spices requires the following ingredients:
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons black tea leaves or 2 tea bags
- 2 cups milk
Follow these simple steps to make a delicious chai with ground spices:
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Add the ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, and nutmeg to the boiling water. Lower the heat to a simmer and let the spices steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain the spices and discard the liquid. Return the spices to the saucepan.
- Add the honey and tea leaves or tea bags to the saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the milk to the saucepan and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Strain the chai and serve it hot.
One serving of this chai recipe with ground spices is approximately 140 calories. It contains 3.3 grams of fat, 15.6 grams of carbohydrates, and 4.3 grams of protein. This chai is also a great source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C, as well as various minerals such as calcium and iron.
This chai recipe with ground spices can be enjoyed as a hot or cold beverage. It can also be served with snacks such as biscuits, cookies, or cake. You can also top it with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
There are many variations of this chai recipe with ground spices. You can substitute the spices with your favorite spices, or even add fresh herbs such as basil, mint, or coriander. You can also add other ingredients such as orange peel, lemon grass, or star anise. You can also try adding other types of tea such as green tea, white tea, or oolong tea.
Tips and Tricks
When making this chai recipe with ground spices, it is important to let the spices steep for the full amount of time in order to get the most flavor. If you like your chai to be sweeter, add more honey. If you prefer it to be spicier, add more ground spices or fresh herbs. You can also adjust the amount of tea leaves or tea bags to suit your preference.
This chai recipe with ground spices is a traditional Indian preparation that is sure to please your taste buds. It is easy to prepare and can be easily customized to suit your own taste. With its unique flavor and aroma, this chai is sure to become a favorite at your next gathering or even as an everyday indulgence.
Leave a Reply