Summertime is a great time for iced tea. It’s refreshing, delicious, and a great way to cool off on hot days. Making iced tea at home is easy and you can make it to your own tastes. Here’s a simple recipe for homemade iced tea that you can whip up in no time.
- 4 teabags (black, green, or herbal)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- Mint leaves (optional)
1. Start by placing the teabags in a heat-resistant pitcher. Pour the boiling water over the teabags and let them steep for 5 minutes.
2. After the 5 minutes, remove the teabags. Add the cold water, sugar, and lemon juice to the pitcher. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Taste the tea to see if it needs more sugar or lemon juice. Adjust the flavor to your taste.
4. Put the pitcher in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least an hour.
5. When you’re ready to serve, fill a tall glass with ice cubes or crushed ice. Pour the tea over the ice and garnish with mint leaves, if desired.
This recipe makes 4 servings. Each serving contains approximately:
- Calories: 60
- Total fat: 0 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 10 mg
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Sugar: 15 g
- Protein: 0 g
This iced tea is a great way to stay cool and hydrated on hot summer days. It’s also a great alternative to sugary sodas and other drinks. And since you can adjust the sweetness and flavor to your own tastes, it’s sure to be a favorite.
Plus, it’s easy to make and you can make a big batch to store in the refrigerator for easy access. It’s a great way to enjoy a refreshing drink anytime.
So if you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to cool off, this homemade iced tea is a great choice. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!
Leave a Reply